For the 2015-2016 term, WVMS will again utilize the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications. FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is confidential. Results are reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee which makes determinations based on budget data. The Business Manager then sends financial aid offers to families.
As a reminder, you must reapply each year. To start the process, please do the following:
- To get started simply click here.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. Online e-mail and a 24/7 helpline is provided. Please do not call the school with questions.
- The non-refundable charge for the application is $41.00 and is to be paid by credit card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express) at the end of the session. If you do not have a credit card, or cannot budget the fee, please call the Business Office for assistance.
- After completing the online application you will be required to submit your 2014 W-2′s, 2014 OR 2013 federal tax forms (2014 is preferred) along with Year-End 2014 Pay Stubs to:
- Attn: FAST Processing
- 1316 North Union Street
- Wilmington, DE 19806
- Including the School’s name on the outside of the envelope will ensure faster processing of your application. Please note that FAST verifies documents, some electronically, so families should NOT SEND ORIGINALS (W2 copied on full page ) or BEND, FOLD OR STAPLE DOCUMENTS.
- The online submission deadline for returning family applications is February 1, 2015. New families have until February 15, 2015 to apply.
- Your tax return must follow the submission and be postmarked by February 15, 2015. If more convenient, tax documents can be dropped off in the Business Office. Applications will NOT be considered until supporting tax documents are remitted.
- Families are strongly encouraged to make their tax appointments early.
Following the above guidelines will help the school reach its goal of having award determinations made by March 15, 2015. While no financial aid procedure can be entirely equitable – there are simply too many individual factors and extenuating circumstances – this process has proven to serve WVMS well. Among its many features is the ability to secure your financial data and maintain the high degree of confidentiality that recipients appreciate.