For the 2016-2017 term, WVMS will again utilize the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process K+ financial aid applications. FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. In processing applications, FAST collects data relating to income, holdings, expenses, debt, family size, charitable contributions, retirement planning and various other factors and then determines a proposed family contribution for tuition. All information from FAST is kept strictly confidential and is reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee. The Committee allocates awards based on FAST recommendations, while considering the school’s budget, family financial standing as per information provided and extraordinary circumstances that may exist. As a result, variation between FAST’s recommendation and the award offer made to a family may exist.
As a reminder, you must reapply each year. To start the process for 2016-2017:
- Since the enrollment season is in full swing, it is suggested that anyone interested in applying for assistance contact the Business Office prior to application to ensure aid is available.
- The application process is self-guided. To get started, once you verify that aid is available, simply click here. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. Online e-mail and a 24/7 helpline is provided. Please do not call the school with program questions.
- The non-refundable charge for the application is $41.00 and is to be paid by credit card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express) at the end of the session. If you do not have a credit card, or cannot budget the fee, please call the Business Office for assistance.
- After completing the online application you will be required to submit the most recent federal tax return (tax year 2014 OR 2015 if available) of the person who claims the applicant student as a dependent, showing number of dependents and adjusted gross income. The federal 1040 tax form must be accompanied by Schedule A (if deductions are itemized) and W-2 statements supporting reported income. Parents have the ability to scan their tax documentation to FAST directly, provided that they have an at-home scanner. If a family cannot submit the documents electronically, the information can be emailed to the Business Manager, dropped off at the Office or mailed directly to:
Independent School Management
ATTN: FAST Processing Center
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
- If mailing, including the School’s name on the outside of the envelope will ensure faster processing of your application. Please note that FAST verifies documents, some electronically, so families SHOULD NOT SEND ORIGINALS (W2 copied on full page ) or BEND, FOLD or STAPLE DOCUMENTS. Applications will NOT be considered until supporting tax documents are remitted to and processed by FAST.
- Initial awards are currently being processed; however, applications will be accepted through March 31, 2016. It is suggested that anyone interested in applying for assistance at and beyond that point contact the Business Office prior to application to ensure aid is available.
Please don’t hesitate to call the Business Office at (570) 288-3708 if you have any questions or concerns.