This year WVMS will again utilize the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications. FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. Results are reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee that will make determinations based on next year’s budget. The Head of School will then send financial aid offers to families.
As a reminder, you must reapply each year. To start the process, please do the following:
- To get started simply click here.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. Online e-mail and a 24/7 helpline is provided. Please do not call the school with questions.
- The non-refundable charge for the application is $38.00 and is to be paid by credit card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express) at the end of the session. If you do not have a credit card, or cannot budget the fee, please call the Business Office for assistance.
- After completing the online application you will be required to submit your 2013 W-2′s, 2013 OR 2012 federal and state tax forms (2013 is preferred) along with Year-End 2013 Pay Stubs to:
- Attn: FAST Processing
- 1316 North Union Street
- Wilmington DE 19806
- Including the School’s name on the outside of the envelope will ensure faster processing of your application. Please note that FAST verifies documents, some electronically, so families should NOT SEND ORIGINALS (W2 copied on full page ) or BEND, FOLD OR STAPLE DOCUMENTS.
- The online submission deadline for returning family applications is February 1, 2014. New families have until February 15, 2014 to apply.
- Your tax return must follow the submission and be postmarked by February 15, 2014.
- Families are strongly encouraged to make their tax appointments early.
Following the above guidelines will help the school reach its goal of having award determinations made by March 15, 2014. While no financial aid procedure can be entirely equitable – there are simply too many individual factors and extenuating circumstances – this new process that has been selected should serve WVMS well. Among its many features will be the ability to further secure your financial data, and maintain the high degree of confidentiality that past recipients most appreciated.